The Wall Avenue Journal’s Washington bureau seeks an professional and intense national political reporter to be aspect of the crew that will cover the 2022 midterms and the 2024 presidential election.
You will make on the Journal’s protection of former President Trump and the motion he has made in just the Republican Get together, creating tales that evaluate the shifting political landscape and what people variations signify for U.S. policy.
You should be comfortable creating about Congress, the White Household, on the campaign path and at the intersection of politics and policy.
You will be predicted to
- Develop enterprise stories and breaking information that deliver the smartest, most exclusive coverage of the shifting political dynamics in the Republican and Democratic functions.
- Use facts and considerable reporting to do ambitious tales that doc these alterations and support reveal the forces powering them.
- Collaborate with other groups of reporters in Washington and outside of.
You must have:
- A deep network of resources in both events and a established ability to use that network to address Donald Trump and his influence on the Republican Occasion.
- A track report of dominating a defeat and manufacturing scoops and enterprise forward of the competitiveness.
- A shown capability to uncover primary, innovative, and visual ways to protection, and the inspiration to do the job independently when essential.
The placement will be based mostly in Washington, D.C. and report to Politics Editor Ben Pershing.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists build vital and impactful tales, firmly rooted in point and adhering to the highest ethical criteria. To utilize, be sure to submit your resume, a address letter detailing how you would approach the occupation and up to five released illustrations of your do the job.
To apply, you should submit your resume, a address letter explaining how you would method the task and illustrations of your function.
To utilize, go right here.